Heart, body, mind, soul. Wellness is as much about our mental, emotional and spiritual state as it is about our physical condition
0 5 10 illness, premature death neutral, modern medicine wellness, peak health
- The greatest wealth is health (virgil)
- Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live (Jim Rohn)
- No one will take care of you if you don't take care of yourself (Alicia Keys)
- To keep the body in good health is a duty; otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear (Buddha)
- In moments of madness, meditation has helped me find moments of serenity (Paul McCartney)
- Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours (Swedish proverb)
- Illness is the most heeded of doctors; to goodness and wisdom we only make promises; pain we obey (Marcel Proust)
- Money can't buy happiness but it can buy time which is the same thing (unknown)
Most experts divide wellness into six types Emotional Social Spiritual Intellectual Environmental Physical
Being healthy at each stage of life
"the more weak ties a person has (neighbors, a barista at the neighborhood coffee shop or fellow members in a spin class), the happier they feel. Maintaining this network of acquaintances also cont...
i’ve always been worried i’ll forget to cancel a free subscription (that’s part of the reason they offer free subscriptions in the first place) so i end up putting it on my calendar so i won’t forg...
Exercise Eat better Read Challenge your mind Challenge your body Travel Socialize Work/create a side hustle Entertainment Attend events Volunteer Get a hobby Sleep Spend time with family Relocate s...
Every interaction with people, places, things, nature, pets have an affect on our wellness. Discussions on how to be mindful of our interactions to promote wellness for yourself and the world